Thursday 21 July 2016

My security blanket

Let me hide beneath your warmth
Let me feel your infinite strength
My blanket; my defense; my love 
Were you sent from heaven above?
To hold me close when I cry 
To comfort me when I feel shy
Some days I just want to lie
Here beneath your many layers
Cuddled up within your fire
Ah my dear I will not lie
Seems without you I would die
So cover me up and warm me
This coldness I cannot bear
A distance between us grows
We struggle with all these ties
Life tethers us within this mortal coil
Yet we slip; slide beneath the waves 
Of sadness; pity for ourselves too
What's a girl supposed to do?
Suffer on in silence as before?
It's like I've been conditioned 
Trained by pain; fear; circumstance
Afraid to say how I feel about it all
Too scared to say Boo I guess
Just like in my childhood days
Could I ask the Lord for any less?
Dear Lord I need to feel loved
Protected; accepted; approved of
No longer tossed aside; no longer lost
So like a little child I hide beneath
My blanket; seeking solace
Seeking warmth; seeking me
Someone I have never been you see
Someone strong; resilient; sure
Well loved; confident; secure 

No comments:

Post a Comment