Saturday 2 July 2016

Unlock your heart's door

Dear merciful heavenly Father
I come before your throne of grace
Dear Lord in heaven: one day
It is my dearest hope to see your face

I give unto you all of my worries
I give unto you all of my cares
For I know I cannot bear them
I know with you; my pain I can share

Please dear Lord grant us mercy
Grant us visions in thy Holy name
Let us who remain steadfast
Be witnesses of Him who came

Let us praise thee in this sad world
Let us worship; honour thee
For only in allowing Jesus in
Can we remain whole; remain free

Let us lay all of our troubles
At your kind and loving feet
Then go on fighting for honour; truth
Spreading thy love to all we meet

Let those who are so able
Come together in your holy name
Not looking at one another's shortcomings
But to lift us all up; lift our game

Please send your angels to guide us
Knowing full well they are about
Let us be willing to be willing
To let Jesus enter in; give up a shout 

Those who profess to be enlightened
Must by their actions follow through
For though we may be scared: frightened
We must be counted followers; true

As the light shines down from heaven
Bringing peace to all near and far
Let us not hide beneath a bushel; endeavour
To be a guiding light to all who suffer

Let us not become discouraged
Let us stand up and remain strong
For we know our Lord Jesus
Is coming; soon; it will not be long

Angels watch over us to guide us
Hear their cry; it is vital that we hurry
Let not earthly woes betide us
Look heavenward: eyes clear: not awry

See that soon our Lord will come
Though many fall beside the wayside
Many feel unready; procrastinate anon
We must open up our heart door; "come inside"

These precious words we must say
"Dear Jesus I am ready; please come!"
I know that you've been knocking
I know that I have delayed; am undone

Forgive my locked door: unlock my heart
I return to you dear Lord my precious part
Unchained I look up into your eyes
Return to me my saviour; sup with me

Just as you have promised: I accept
Your precious words in Revelation 3:20
Thank you precious saviour: thank you Lord
I open up my heart's door; most willingly

Comes the bridegroom to the garden
Seeking flowers there in bloom
An answer to His urgent knocking
Come followers from within the gloom





No comments:

Post a Comment