Saturday 21 November 2015

A mother's grief

The telephone rang that Monday morning 
A woman's tears were heard that day
It was the 22nd of July 2013...
My husband didn't know what to say
She was crying as she tried to speak
"Thank you" she said...
"You do not know me..."
Though her tears flowed freely
Her sadness remained....uncomforted
Until she explained...
Her lost child: was remembered
At that cross beside the road
She was there last week 
As I was driving by, I took a peek
I invaded her privacy: so to speak
I watched her grieving for her child
Saw her tears and felt her grief
Saw the sadness in her eyes
As she stood there, silently
Tears streaming down her cheeks
I'd written a few words of comfort
Hoping to show how much I cared
For there are many other crosses too
That I see every time I drive along
These winding country roads...


Final destination

A few weeks ago I was stopped by a train
As I waited I saw a couple at the road way
A poor mum and dad come to place some flowers
At the foot of the cross beside the road
I watched them at their sad job
Obviously it was their loved ones
Last place where they maybe took 
Their very last breath; their final destination!
I see so many crosses beside the roads
Those markers that show where someone died
Our road fatalities just grow and grow
Because too few will drive real slow
Lord so many young people wasting their lives
I pray that those poor parents are helped by you!





No comments:

Post a Comment