Monday 9 November 2015

A road less travelled

I've seen a lot of my own little world
As a teenager, woman and a little girl
I always liked to go off the beaten track
Take the roads less travelled so to speak
To me that's where the adventuring begins
Down beside the river, down beside the creek
Underneath old bridges: far from the crowds
Where the world does not intrude so much
Where peace ensues: the noise is not so loud
There I dreamt of better days: of magic and of love
The peace and tranquillity of nature has always been 
My saviour, my blessing, my welcoming place
There I found my refreshing, my god-given grace
Whether it was my almond tree as a little girl
Or in a forest glade; deep within the towering trees
Climbing up the tallest tree just to see around me
My feet though firmly planted: wished to be off the ground
There was always something special to be found
Deep within the branches, underneath the leaves
Surrounded by God's little creatures: birds and bees
Nothing compares to being outside in the sunshine
Feeing the breeze tickling my sun-kissed skin
I love to walk along white sandy beaches
Feeling the grains between my toes you know
This is where I love to go whenever I am lonely
Here I find my peace again: am free again
With my Lord to walk beside me: to guide me





No comments:

Post a Comment