Friday 13 November 2015

The real me

There's nothing like an honest mirror
To make you see the light: it's true
Look in the mirror to see the real you
Not many like their own reflection for
Upon close inspection: flaws show through
Well I certainly do not: I am lost its true
Inside I feel different to what I see outside
This mirror does not reflect the real me
What do I truly look like: what shows through?
What does another see of this human? Me?
Can they see inside my head? Can they see me?
What of these thoughts inside: I hide in here
This inner me: this little child: this soul
Nobody can truly understand the real me
They only judge what I say, what comes forth
How I act and how I seem to be
Only God knows my innermost thoughts
Only God truly sees what I am: knows me
Understands all of this imperfect soul
I am transparent as the clearest pane of glass
Nothing can I hide from Him who made me

No comments:

Post a Comment