Thursday 26 November 2015

Seeking answers

Do you ever pray for answers?
Do you ever seek to find?
Some question deep inside you 
Needs answering: you're worried: blind
You ask the Lord for solutions
You ask the Lord: then wait
Sometimes it seems to take ages
While at others it's simply there
Do you always have the patience?
Do you sometimes wish you had more?
Some questions seem to make you fumble
Lost for words as to which way to go?
Sometimes it's like there's...
A distance between you and the Lord
Some crazy interference: some discord
Does the Holy Spirit evade you?
As your soul cries out for aid
Has your sin separated you?
From your loving God
Some insurmountable distance there
That weighs upon your mind
Clouding your perception...
Creating some interference
Some blockage of some kind...
Is it my imagination?
Is it just some weird thing?
But I feel a distance between me 
And my precious king
When I have not been doing things right
Like there is a gap in communication
Yes a communication breakdown...

Yet when I am closer to my dearest Lord
Everything goes better: I can tell
There is a simplicity and quietness
There is a wonderful connection
We talk as if we were together
Right here beside me He seems to be
Yes when I am good and obedient
Everything works better...
Prayers are answered...
Thoughts are quieter...
Things are better...
For we are in accord
My Lord and I...




No comments:

Post a Comment