Sunday 15 November 2015

Excuses excuses excuses

How many of us will make excuses?
To escape from consequences
To make ourselves look better...
When we know we have done wrong?
How many excuses have you made up?
Over the long years of your life
Trying to lessen the damage: escape the blame
How many of your excuses were really lame?
The dog ate my homework...
The computer broke down...
Just as I was saving my work
I feel such a jerk...
My mum is sick, the car broke down...
I have to leave early; go out of town...

I am sorry Lord: for lying...
For making excuses all the time
When my kids missed school...
When I just couldn't make it...
When exhaustion took it's toll
When we were warring...
Battles raging in our home...
Those days I couldn't face my life
When things became too tough...

We make our excuses and wallow
in self pity: to our own shame...

Satan is taking over this whole earth
When we make our excuses: turn away
From what we know we should do...

Jesus has already paid our price 
Given us the best deal in return
He gave His life on Calvary
So that we would not have to burn
He took our sins upon His heart
Carried them for us too
Knowing full well...
It was something we could not
Of ourselves do
God gave His precious son
Because he knew it was too hard
Knew we would make our excuses
Just as we have been for over
Two thousand years...

Today...
Stop making excuses
Stop pushing God aside
Accept that grace He has given
Accept that place He has saved
Right there at His feet...
Right there at His side...
Will you still turn away your face?
Will you still your Lord: deny?
Time is running out...
Precious time...
Escapes through your finger tips...
Will you still be in denial?
Excuses on your lips...
When you see Him come in glory
When you watch and hide your face
Ah Lord: please come: quickly
The earth cries out its great need...









No comments:

Post a Comment