Thursday 19 November 2015

Come what may

The question must be asked
It must be asked right now
What have I got to do?
To make it out of here somehow
How do I survive this life?
How escape doing sin?
Oh Lord I am a sinner
But Lord I'll not give in...
What have I got to do?
To be even considered?
An actual winner...
There are so many obstacles
There are so many things
Ready to bring me down
If I should give in
If I should stumble and fall
Will you still love me at all?
How much longer do I have?
Before my probation closes
How much longer till it's done?
This life and all it imposes...
What have I got to do?
To stay close and blessed by you
To escape the coming plagues
And all the terrible wars too?
Oh Lord I would like to know
Just how far I need to go
But I also know that I must pray
Must trust in you my dearest Lord
And be thankful for this gift of life
Come: what may...


No comments:

Post a Comment