Friday 1 January 2016

Have you known my sorrows

Have you known my sorrows?
Have you cried my tears?
When you have walked my highways
Then will you understand my fears...
Nobody else can feel my pain
No one can live inside this shell
Think you to judge my lifetime
Could you truly understand my hell?
If you seek to understand me
If you seek to look inside my heart
Please step gently as you enter
Please tiptoe around and then
When you have witnessed all my sorrows
Then felt this pain within my heart
Then: maybe then: you would reconsider
And accept that living life is an art...
I have been lost beside the highway 
I have stumbled: I have fallen: true
Gotten up and crawled a while
But each time I cried out my anguish
Each time I suffered and sighed
I know there was another
Who felt everything that I had done
He lifted me when I was fallen
He carried me when I could not move
He loved me even when I could not
He showed me that I was forgiven
By taking up my heavy cross...

Ah Lord I am still crying... 
Ah Lord I suffer for your pain
You came to save me from myself
You took up all of my burdens
You my dearest took all my blame
Thank you my sweetest Saviour
Thank you for giving up your life
I know that no other loves me
No other could understand my pain
Only my precious Saviour 
Could see inside my very heart
And knowing all I suffer...
Could honestly say to me
"I know all that you suffered
I know all that you have borne
Come unto me my daughter

For you I offered up my son..."


No comments:

Post a Comment