Monday 25 January 2016

Thank you for making a difference!

Thank you for making a difference in my life
All my family, friends, acquaintances, and ties
Though sadness comes and goes each day
So many different things come into play...
Yet: all through my life I have surely known
That one day all would become crystal clear
One day I would find my place in this my life...
One day I knew that I would overcome all strife
Through trial and error: through constant pain
I was sure to find something worth all the strain
I never knew that all these things would add up
All these little things that keep us feeling down
Would one day turn into those silver linings...
Let negatives become the positives they say
The lessons we learn as we go upon our way
Over time they become like scars that point the way
Badges of courage I guess some would say...
Scars that show the pain we had to go through
As children; as teenagers; as parents too
Everything that doesn't break us: makes us
The person we are at the end of our given lives
So would I change those things that shaped me?
Could I wish for a much, much easier life stay?
In hindsight I guess there are many things it's true
Yes: so many things I wish I could undo...
But then again without them: would I be?
This understanding human being that God sees...

No comments:

Post a Comment