Monday 18 January 2016

View from a bridge

We stood on top of the massive bridge
Looking down: at the flowing water
We talked of childhood days: laughed
Just as good friends ought to...
Of bygone days we whispered
Of thoughts of jumping in: dared we?
Maybe when we were much younger
Thinking of boyish pranks: teenage days
Who else would dare to do such things?
The drop into that water would be harsh
So high up and into the sky: no never
Would I even dream of entering in
Too far that drop: couldn't stop
For fear of breaking something 
Even feet first: it would be worse
A pin drop: from so far above
Too dangerous for me now you see
I am no longer young: nor adventurous
I'd rather look from on top of the bridge
Rather look and dream of time gone by
For I know now: I have not wings to fly...

No comments:

Post a Comment