Tuesday 5 January 2016

Ode to lips

You said you'd call me
Though you haven't tried
Thought it just a little bit strange
Have you got something to hide?
A stutter, a lisp 
A problem with your lips
Do you get tongue tied?
Do you need to confess?
Tell me...are you blessed?
With the gift of the gab
With words for any season
Do you know how to please them?
Those ears who would listen in...
Want to know what I'm missing?
Your lips...
Are they good for kissing?
Are they blessed and sweet?
Are they full and complete?
Are they honest?
Do your lips deny your thoughts?
Do they smile?
When inside there is something amiss?
Do you give lip service?
Do you lie through your teeth?
Are you honest as the day?
Or do you try to hide away?
That inner you that no-one sees?
Hidden behind tight smiles...
I see into your heart you know
Want to bare your soul?
I am here to listen in...
I will not judge you...
That is not for me...
I would appreciate your honesty...
So show me the real you
Show me that sweet smile...
Without any guile
Please open up to me...

Begun on 1 December 2015
Completed 6 January 2016





No comments:

Post a Comment