Monday 25 January 2016

My Australia

I love this land I live in 
I love this precious earth
For it is here my parents landed
Here my mother gave me birth
This land of contradictions
This land girt by foaming seas
It is the beauty that surrounds me
That makes me feel at peace
I love the way the wind blows
I love the way rain comes tumbling down
Forever and a day dear 
I could simply wander around
Over dusty railway tracks I've trod
Beside babbling brooks and streams
Underneath tall bridges: among the bushes
Yes down there, where wildlife teems
I've met wombats and kookaburras
I've encountered goannas, stumpy tails, emus
I've even been surrounded by big red kangaroos
I've captured dangerous redbacks
Been scared by deadly tiger snakes
And yet I am enchanted
By the beauty beside her lakes
I love the mighty Murray
Have swam from shore to shore
Catching shrimp to aid my fisher dad
As my brother and I: the island explored
I have been ferried across this big river
I have travelled along her miles
Thoroughly enjoying her beauty
Sampling of her many simple lifestyles
Recently I visited the Coorong!
Lake Albert and Lake Alexandrina too
Photographed the mighty Southern sea
Dipped my feet into the waters
That came from Antarctica so free
I have witnessed amazing sunsets
Seen the golden moon arise
As I stared up in wonder
At the magnificent Southern Cross
And the glorious sparkling stars
Yes I love this magnificent country
I love the hot summer sun
The beaches and the sunshine
Of brilliant summer fun
No matter where I may wander
No matter where I may roam
I will always love my Down Under
I will always call Australia home...










No comments:

Post a Comment