Monday 4 January 2016

Under the sea I feel free

Took a swim under the sea
Chased some fish: felt so free
Saw a ray swim away from me
Dark and weird it was you see
No stinger: just a ray: I say
It seemed to fly so gracefully...
Tiny little baby fish there were
Hundreds and thousands actually
Tiny little schools everywhere
Among the rocks close to the beach
In the shallows just out of reach
Saw a catfIsh wallowing too
Thought it looked so slow: you know
I reached out to touch it with my fingertips
Felt it's slimy skin: let it swim: let it win
We both reacted: both were shocked
Struggled to escape each other's view
Lime green seaweed swaying to and fro
Looked like fairy floss from the royal show
Touched it as I swam above you see
It looked soft and fluffy: but was harder
It seemed strange to me: so green and free
Huge boulders: giant rocks everywhere
Tossed and tumbled: covered up with moss
Sea greens and browns: delicately
Waving: gesticulating: beckoning to me
Come and look: come and see: here we be
Waves of motion: gently soothing
Water lapping round my head
Each breath I take: in and out
There are no other sounds
This is all that is surrounding me
Peace returns: peace my goal you know
The same course I seek to take each day
As I come to meet up with the sea
Allow it to gently engulf around me
Ah I am so at home here...
I am so blessed as I float peacefully
Allowing the currents to lift me up
To gently move me up and down
Back and forth: to and fro: gently lulling me
I feel as if within a lover's arms
Caressed by the gently moving sea
Ah dear Lord in heaven up above
I feel blessed: surrounded by your love...

No comments:

Post a Comment