Tuesday 19 January 2016

Pelican's rest

We walked along the wharf at sunset
Brilliant skies now a darkening russet
Many pelican's resting upon the jetty
A sight I could not miss: way too pretty...
I had to get a little closer: try to expose
Take a photograph or two of those birds...
I made my way along towards them: two thirds
Hoping they would not fly off too soon: a boon
I was granted for they stayed there: watching
Me as I ambled closer and closer: stalking
My prey: my phone: my weapon: my view
Of this magnificent sight: then one flew
I caught it flying out over dark waters
Snapped that picture: closing shutters
A memory to keep within my mind
Another picture to add to many others
A simple shared adventure: a blessed find
To share with my friends near and far
No matter their inclination...
Photos taken under the stars...









No comments:

Post a Comment