Thursday 21 January 2016

Life is like a camera

My mind is like a camera 
Taking snapshots all the time
Each and every moment
I am making memories
Placing them into my mind
Ready for when I need to see
Ready for me to rewind
Pictures of my mum and dad
From today and way back when
They have changed in many ways
Yet they still look the same as then
Here in my mind I have saved them
Yes I am like a veritable memory stick
Everything is locked away inside
Ready for me to find them really quick
I have black and white photographs
Some in sepia tones too I guess
Faces, places, obstacle races too
These memories I have of me and you
Regularly I take them out to view them
Place them back inside to keep them safe
For I know that one day they will be
The only pictures left for me to view
These blessed images of my family
These special little happy views
Yes I am looking forward to reviewing
Over and over again it's true
My beautiful family photographs
Right now they are hidden...
Ready at any moment to preview

Life is like a camera...
Focus on what's important
Capture the good times
Develop from the negatives
And if things don't work out
Take another shot...



No comments:

Post a Comment