Friday 1 January 2016

My heart clock

My heart is a clock: ticking out its simple tune
Rhythmic; symbolic: can you sense the doom?
Each heart beat is a little tick: each second
Another life is gone: perhaps way too soon
Tick tock goes my heart clock: it never stops
The maker made it precious: made it very strong
He made it tick each second: all my whole life long
It ticks when I am sleeping: it tocks while I am awake...
I never stops its beating no matter the path I take
Before I was even born I heard it going: yes it’s true
In my mother's womb it was beating out its fierce tattoo
Each time I stood and waited: each time I sighed anon
My heart it was a beating out that simple rhythmic tune...
It beat faster when I was in love...it pounded in my ears
Again it beat even faster: when I was facing all my fears
That steady thumping is my companion: it goes on and on
Never will it cease as long as it beats strong...
My maker wound it tightly: wound it to go on and on
Yes he made this my little heart to go on beating 
Each and every single day that I am meant to belong
Here upon this earthly plane: until he comes to claim me
Then will it cease its labours: cease to perform its beat
Then will I surrender to my maker: give up the ghost to him
For when he leads me yonder: then will it cease its labours
And I will be ready to embrace my maker: as He takes me home



No comments:

Post a Comment