Wednesday 30 January 2013

Cowboy Chris

I only met you a couple of times
Over the years at Andrew’s parties
I spent just a short time talking with you
And found out you were a Cowboy

You wore your boots and cowboy hat
I learned that was you and that was that
I’m sorry I never got to know you better
So this is why I write this letter

The BBQ for your 48th birthday was planned
Up at Sanderston, your little piece of land
You face as you rode around on your quad bike
Was pure joy to watch as you raced about!

All your dearest friends and family
Gathered there to be with thee
Though only 48 years had passed
‘Twas such a shame to be your last

We sat around to celebrate your life
Though sadness was present there too
Your pale drawn face was plain to see
We could not mistaken be

After all that loud company had fled
And you were taken off to bed
Relaxing before your warming fire
I was blessed to look into your head

For your books and movies there collected
Were many the same and as I reflected
I realized how close akin your choices were
My heart was hurting, my mind a whirr

So similar was your dear movie list
With those I’d watched and loved and missed
We watched “A man Called Horse” that night
I was so upset at your plight

If only I had known you better
If only you would just get better
But Dear God’s plan for you was yet
Up in heaven among the red sunsets
I imagine you in your cowboy gear
On your horse ranch and every tear
That flows for your dear memory
Is wiped away by your treasury

Of your dear sweet family’s pictures
And thoughts and good cheers
As you ride that horse trail through the years
And beside you up in the heavens above

Surrounded by sweet Jesus’ love
Our Dear Christ is reminding us
Your price was paid and dearly bought
Heaven is where you are to be sought

In memory of Christopher Richard Hill
‘Lakota’ to his closest friends
Loving son of Dorothy and the late Clarrie
Loving brother of Andrew and Jeanine
Loving uncle and great uncle
22nd May 1962 – 7th September 2010








No comments:

Post a Comment