Tuesday 1 January 2013

Snorkelling at Noarlunga Beach 1/1/13

The new Year is here to stay
So I had a beautiful day
Swimming and splashing
The cooling water drew me in
I grabbed my goggles and jumped in
My flippers were on my feet
As I waded in and felt the grin
Such a pleasure to feel so free
To be there beside the sea
Found the waves so calming
Swam out towards the reef
The creamy white sand; bleached
The sun shining down; like laser beams
Casting shadows as I swam
Saw a crab hiding underneath
The huge rock; seaweed clad
Followed a school of tiny fish
Saw pink coral peeking out
From beneath the dancing weeds
Swaying to and fro like swaying trees
I floated round the little reef
So amazing to be in this massive pool
This ocean in the Southern Seas
Filled with life beneath the waves
A flathead lying on the sandy bottom
Reef fish, hiding; playing games
Found a tiny abalone shell
Pretty and sparkling in the sun
Got my exercise for the day
Chasing waves with Santiago
While Tata Manuel watched us play
Nana Violeta had a rest 
Underneath the jetty's shade
What a lovely escapade
Thank you Lord for a glorious New Year's day!




No comments:

Post a Comment