Thursday 3 January 2013

One potato

Christmas time has come and gone
New Year is upon us all
2013 is here with a vengeance
It’s hot and crazy all at once
Getting ready to prepare a feast
Cooking and cleaning to feed the beast
I’d made a batch of Meatless meat
Potato salad, yummy rice, spaghetti too
I’d missed one potato in my haste
Oh well I said; “one potato is neither here nor there!”
So as we finally sat down to eat
Poor Nessie dropped her plate
“Help mum I’m burning up!”
She yanked Zac out of the way
He was screaming; hell to pay
Plopped him into a cooling bath
Looking for redness; blisters; both
Nothing to see there! All okay!
Poor Nessie was screaming still
Her hand had copped the worst
Aloe Vera, cold water used
Nothing seemed to quell the beast
Finally I remembered that one potato
Just sitting there through all the fuss
Grated it up and put in on
Bandaged it up and gave her some Panadol
Finally some relief was found
That one potato did the trick
Kept her fingers cool; reduced the heat
Replaced the lost magnesium
And helped to ease her pain
That one potato saved the day





No comments:

Post a Comment