Tuesday 8 January 2013

The tip of the iceberg


The tip of the iceberg

Many times I think on things and
Wonder about my life
Would anything have really changed?
Had I not been in so much strife?
I am at that stage now
Where I can look back and ponder
In my older and maybe wiser hindsight
I can look at things without the pain
Look at everything …
As if I am just passing overhead
Looking down upon that life!
I think I have forgiven; am ready to forget
I think I am wiser; I think I am grown up!
I tell my loved ones how to act
How to forgive and make amends
But when I really look at it
I see I am no different
I still feel the pain of my teenage self
I still feel anger on my younger behalf
I thought I was “over it”
I thought I was ready to move on
But now I see I am no different
I can still hurt because of that shame
I met one of my tormentors
Recognised her face
All that pain came bubbling up
All that torment was still hiding there
Underneath my calm
Those memories came flooding back
My anger rumbled; like a new volcano
I had to tell myself that it was past
I had to struggle with my inner child
To tell her to let it go
It is only with my dearest Lord
Living here within
That I can push away my sinful past
It is only with the help of my dearest Lord
That I can continue on
Through His love I can look back now
I can understand the lessons
I can finally see through His eyes
I am no longer that hurting child
I am no longer to feel shamed!
My Lord has taken as His own
My pain and sin and painful past
I am now that clean and bright tip
My massive iceberg of pain is underneath
No longer within this mortal’s sight!

No comments:

Post a Comment