Thursday 31 January 2013

Ties that bind



How do you describe love?
How do you explain that feeling?
How do you understand the workings?
Of the greatest love of all!
Dear God in heaven
So loved the world that
He gave His only begotten Son!
What love for us He showed!
What mercy for our sinful state!
Lord; why would you want to save us?
We don’t deserve your forgiveness!
We don’t deserve your love! 
Yet you have given us the ability
To rise above our sinfulness
You have granted us the possibility
Of peace and joy and forgiveness!
If only we would accept your precious gift?

You are my Father in heaven!
You are my Father in every way!
You have adopted me into your family!
You have taken on the responsibility!
You look with patience upon my sorry life!
You smile and wait for my stumbling steps
To bring me nearer and nearer to you!
You watch from afar as I slip and fall
You patiently send your angels to my aid
You never turn your back on me in my distress!
You are my one true Father in heaven
With your love I cannot fail
With your peace in my heart I will grow
With your patience I learn to understand
How every one of us is worth saving!
Simply because you have already
Paid our price in full!
Your blood shed on Calvary
For us! For me! For all your children!
Your tears shed for all of us!
You took upon your soul all of our sins!
You freed us from our misery because
You were perfect in every way!
You came sinless from heaven to be our sacrifice!
Perfect in every way; without blemish!
Because of your precious gift we are freed!
Because of your perfection we are made clean!
Your blood has washed me clean!
Thank you Lord for loving me!

No comments:

Post a Comment