Tuesday 29 January 2013

In dreams

In dreams I searched for treasure
I looked every where to find it
But all I ever seemed to get
Were coins; small and not much of a find!
It went on like this for many long years
Until recently; a few months ago
When it seemed my luck had changed!
I was in a huge city, heading for the outskirts
Found a huge heap of gold
Tons and tons of huge ingots
Every where I looked I saw
Gold and silver and bronze!
So much gold I found, I couldn't believe my eyes!
Then as we were heading home
A lone Policeman came
He stopped us every day and took what ever he could find!
In the end we turned around 
Whenever we saw him come
Pretended we had none to share
Pretended we were picking oranges instead! 
Showed him our huge bucket full of fruit
But he was waiting down the street
Sitting in his car just around the bend
Waiting for us to come his way
Waiting to take it all!


No comments:

Post a Comment