Sunday 20 January 2013

Glenelg beach 17/1/13

The heat was hotter that hot (42C)
The air too still to breathe
Concrete radiated; unbearably hot
Everything hung limply in the air
Humans; limp; drooping
The beach called; welcoming; cool!
The waters green; enticing
The sunshine; still blinding but
Sun was finally withdrawing
Surrendering it's hold on day
Finally the sensible humans
Came out to play!
Two little boys; eager to meet the waves
Mum and dad; watchful but relaxed
I was ready to swim into cool oblivion
My flippers and snorkel ready
Needed to feel that cooling spray!
Jumped right in; without delay!
Oh Lord that cool cool water
What blessed release on this
 Hot, hot summer day!

A fishing boat close in to shore
Swimmers everywhere
Frolicking; every which way
Youngsters splashing
Youths; ball throwing
Pet lovers; dog walking
Beach goers; loving the sea's cool waves!

I swam out into the sea
Searching for some peace
Sea grasses waving to and fro
A couple of fish close to the rocks
A tiny stingray underneath some sand
A crab playing hide and seek
Amid the moving seaweed
Very little sea life close in to shore

Walking back across the sands
My legs were tired and weak
I'd found my peace; my blessed release
In swimming; now to head for home! 
The sands; covered in foot prints of all kinds
I saw tracks of every sort
Car tracks, people tracks; foot prints of all sizes
And even bird tracks; unreadable
Like hieroglyphs form ancient days
Written in seagull!

No comments:

Post a Comment