Wednesday 30 January 2013

Your love is vital Lord!



Over the last few years; the pain has got me down!
I’ve struggled to cope and get along; but let you down!
I know I’ve whinged a lot and made a fuss!
And now I realize; I need to make amends!
For being a pain; grumpy to everyone!
I’m sorry to have been such a grouch!
I even think I beat Oscar the Grouch to the bin!
That’s the fog of life I’ve been living in!
So “I’m sorry” to everybody that I know!
I hope you’ll understand and let me go!
I cried so much because I felt so useless!
Truth be told; I know now it was a plan!
To help me understand my lucky life
To help me comprehend how life can change!
To help me see that there is so much more!
To be appreciated; accepted; taken on!
By letting Jesus into this heart of mine!
And surrendering my whole life Lord; to Thine!
Oh dearest Lord; I’ve seen the light!
That radiates and shines ever so bright!
You’ve taken me in and loved me all along!
You don’t care if I can walk or run!
You don’t care if I can sing or hum!
You see in me; what I want to become!
You’ve been there with me all along!
As I struggled; cried; crawled along!
Now I finally see; what you’ve planned for me all along!
I am finally free from wanting things I don’t really need!
I am content to be at your feet where I belong!
As long as you need me; Lord; I am here to stay!
Lord; I ask you to lead me every day!
Lord; I ask that you guide me as I pray!
Lord; without you; I would surely go astray!
So this is why I thank you every day!
For loving this poor sinner that I am!
I don’t deserve your love; Lord!
Or any other good thing that you have!
But I cannot now see any other way!




No comments:

Post a Comment