Monday 14 January 2013

Recipe for life

I've never read a "How to" on life!
Is there one around? I'd like to see?
The only one that comes to mind
Is the Holy Bible! That largest tome
So full of everything!
But Lord it is
So difficult to live!
I am not my Father in heaven
I am not dear Jesus Christ
I am not the Holy Spirit
I am but a mortal being
I make mistakes
I make errors
I suffer from bad dreams
I suffer from fears and terrors
Lord I want to be more like you
I want to live a sinless life
But it seems my dearest one
The more I try to do the right
The deeper the sin does bite!
I am sorry Lord
That I am not any stronger
But if I was Lord
Would I live any longer?
I feel so alone at times
At night I sit and ponder
How can I?
A simple sinner?
Ever live the life of Christ?
And in the end: come out the winner?


No comments:

Post a Comment