Monday 26 May 2014

Can you hear me?

Can you hear me talking to you?
Am I just a nuisance: tightening the screw?
Will you be like your father?
Stubborn till the end!
Will you be like your mother! Me!
Holding it all in!
We try to ask you nicely
We beg you: to be sure
"Please honey, give up smoking!"
Before there is no cure!
Does history have to repeat?
Does life just go on and on?
Surely we can all learn
From what has gone before!
Just like I said to your daddy
Over long, long years
You surely must recall
You would have heard me begging
You would have heard me yell
Trying to change his destiny
Trying to keep him from his hell
"Please!" I begged him
"Please do it for yourself!
I cannot give up for you
You have to do the hard miles
You have to feel worthwhile
Yes you know this is true
It is all up to you!"

1 comment:

  1. Please take control of your life and give up smoking those deadly cigarettes

    ReplyDelete