Wednesday 14 May 2014

The chocolate thief

One packet of Maltesers
One little chocolate lover
Asking for a chocolate
One for him and one for mum
Several times he returned
Kept on asking and going off
He didn’t wander very far
Before returning again and again!
I finally said: “no more now
Honey you’ve had enough!”
Off he went outside
Playing around the yard
I returned to my room later on
Only to find a tiny chair
Right beside my cupboard there
The box was open, plastic lid askew
No box of Maltesers anywhere
Looked around to find that box
Nothing to be seen at all
Until I saw a movement
From the corner of my eye
Furtive, yet casually sneaking off
Big red box in his little hands
I finally caught the chocolate thief
Red handed! (Actually brown handed)
Lauging out loud!







No comments:

Post a Comment