Wednesday 14 May 2014

Forceps delivery

Almost 29 years ago: I gave birth
To my very first child: Vanessa
It was a difficult birth because
I couldn’t dilate: poor Vanessa
Was stressed: her heart beat
Racing: needed to escape me
The epidural was great as I
Had two hours of peace
Those pains would come and go
I didn‘t feel a thing: thank God!
Deb and Don came to visit then
Chatting away with me and Tim
The gas was almost useless
At cutting those birth pangs
Labour it surely was from 8 am
Until late at night: finally it was decided
To get her out quickly: she was distressed
They used the forceps to help her
They pulled me down the bed
Three times trying to get her out
Finally my poor little girl was born
We could all breathe a sigh of relief
Tim went with her as they washed
Was right there as they weighed
Making sure they didn’t lose her
Making sure that all was okay
With our precious new baby daughter!


No comments:

Post a Comment