Wednesday 14 May 2014

The greatest love

Isn’t it just amazing how things are connected?
How everything is linked to something else!
The dear Lord has control of this whole wide world
He has it all in His great big hands: it all revolves
Around God and His omnipotence: His power!
The chance meetings upon the street: the gifts
Of friendship as we grow and as we move about
I want to scream and shout: God is great!
He who created this universe: this earth
Has known us from our very birth: in truth
Known us from our very conception: no deception
Is within Him: He is my every-thing: my all!
I cannot even recall the many times he’s saved me
From my silly stupid self: to keep me growing
Ready to accept the path He’s laid for me
He knew before I fell; the consequences of my hell
He knew before I cried: those things for which I wept
It only took me so long to grow and accept
That where-ever I wandered: He too was there
Watching from afar: the father to my childishness
The comforter to my fearfulness: He only was there
To guide me where He knew I should be: His love
The love I was searching for: without even knowing it
His forgiveness I craved for all my sinfulness
My Lord how I am so very blessed to know
How much you loved me: love me still!
No matter where I have wandered: no matter
How low I slipped: You were there to hold my hand
You were there to understand: to show me by Thy grace
That I was always your little child: always yours to love
Yours to guide along these paths: for, you lord
Know all of me and yet: You love me still!


No comments:

Post a Comment