Monday 19 May 2014

What a mess

Feeling a little low
As I survey this muddy mess
Right outside my door
Oh dear Lord you already know the score
How do I pick up the pieces once again?
Sometimes I feel so weary 
Of this mess that abounds
Though I try to laugh it off
I feel like crying too!
Just a little: as I think of you (Tim)
Dear Lord you are all powerful
You stopped the water from coming in
You hold all the earth in your hands
So many children of your heart
In so much misery and pain
I know I need to be thankful
For everything I've got 
But sometimes I forget my blessings
And feel so down at heart
Then I think of all the others
Living in dire straits
Without the things we consider here
As our due: as our necessities!
What about those poor children
All over this sad world
Feeling that hunger: just below their heart
They don't have a shop around the corner
They don't even have a roof over their poor heads

They only know of sadness as they hang their heads
Nobody comes to help them, nobody even cares
When they cry out their pain and sadness
When they cry their tears: who hears?
I know you care Lord, I know you understand
But how can I help everyone in trouble?
Unless you set the wheels in motion
Get those cogs into gear: help start the notion
That we can all live happily, without fear!

No comments:

Post a Comment