Tuesday 27 May 2014

Trying to understand

I look at other's lives and try
To figure out the how's and whys
How come some are so restless?
Why must they wander about?
Why can't they settle down?
Why move about?
Others are happy to stay in one place
Don't want to go anywhere 
Can't make them get up or out
Can't move them whether you shout
I look at so many people
Study their faces: look inside their hearts
With some it is easy: with others: an art
I feel their pain: let me be plain
I am a thinker: I look inside and decide
I see their hurts and worries
It is a gift I have acquired
God's gift I guess: no less!
So as I study those around me
I sometimes just cannot see
How some can be so mean and cruel
While others are emphatic to the Nth degree
Why is it that some smart people
Have no idea about what is fair
Is it that they feel above others or
Is it that they just don't care?
Are so selfish: unknowingly?
How is that possible? How can that be?
Surely having the brains to understand much
Should bring understanding as such
On all topics: on all levels: it seems to me
But it just isn't so: I'll have you know
Some love hurting others: love causing strife
Enjoying other people's pain for their own pleasure
But how is this fair: to what measure do we decry
This is not fair! This is not right! We must fight!
Though often ignored: the words inscribed
Within the Holy Bible should be our guide
Yes please open that book wide
Look inside and see: a wealth of clarity
Home truths and revival: please read your Bible
Jesus calls us all to come closer and closer to Him




No comments:

Post a Comment