Tuesday 2 June 2015

Counting stars

There's a song upon the airwaves 
All about these lives we lead...
About how everything we try to do
Most of us simply do not succeed...
It seems like our lives are reversed...
Those things we want to do...we don't!
It is maybe just a little perverse...for
Those things we don't want to do...we do!
The song is called "Counting stars"
Sung by "One Republic" I believe...
"Everything that kills me makes me feel alive"
It speaks of these petty lives we lead...
How we search for excitement in everything
Looking to find the thrill, the rush, the high
Maybe never feeling satisfied...
The age old question really is?
That if man has learned anything at all?
Why does he go on and on doing wrong?
Enjoying the bad things...eschewing the good?
Are we simply fools? Too uncool for school

But look into the Bible...
Nothing has really changed...
Even then it was exactly the same...
Even then, Saint Paul...
Found it difficult to do what was right...
History simply repeats...
Over and over again
Satan is still at work...
Seeking to destroy us and our puny lives...
Temptation never takes a holiday...
It is ever working to steal our peace...

Romans 7:19
"For the good that I would, I do not:
But the evil which I would not, that I do" 


No comments:

Post a Comment