Friday 12 June 2015

Rock my world

I'm not your average girl
Never have been...
Clothes, make up, jewellery
DO NOT rock my world...
I crave something better
Not that superficial clutter
I crave sincerity and truth
Not outward beauty, strewth
I'm an Aussie through and through
To make me happy
This is what you need to do...
Be honest, do not lie
Look me squarely in the eye
Don't hide behind your flattery
To me, that has got to be
The most insulting thing to do
I'm telling you...
Tell me the truth
Don't beat about the bush
Whether it may hurt or not
What more has anybody got?
Than sincerity of words
Expressed in a quiet voice
Don't be like those massive herds
Of insincere hangers on
I beg of you...be honest hun
If you want to rock my world
You need to love the Lord
Put Him before all else
Adore Him who gave us life
Him who saved us all from strife
Let His love shine from within
Allow His beauty to be your grace
Show me your true and honest face
For to me, there is no better love
Than that which blesses us from above




No comments:

Post a Comment