Friday 5 June 2015

My soul longs after you

I am sitting here in great pain 
Wondering just what I can do
For my soul is a-thirst for your words
My Lord, my heart cries out for you

Though the sun shines brightly
I am alone, my church is far away
Yet I know thou art with me here my Lord
Upon another glorious Sabbath day

My thoughts escape to bygone years
My soul has wings...is apt to fly away
I am singing along to a beautiful song
That we used to sing upon a summer's day

As the deer pants for the water
So my soul longs after you...
You alone are my heart's desire
And I long to worship you...

Chorus:
You alone are my strength and shield
To you alone may my spirit yield
You alone are my heart's desire
And I long to worship you

I want you more than gold or silver
Only you can satisfy
You alone are the real joy-giver
And the apple of my eye

Chorus:

You're my friend and you are my brother
Even though you are a King
I love you more than any other
So much more than anything

Chorus:

Martin Nystrom 1983


No comments:

Post a Comment