Friday 12 June 2015

Let me in

Let me into your heart
Let me enter into your mind
For it is there I long
For there I am sure to find
The very essence of your life
Those things that live within...
I need to understand the things
That make you who you are
The inner workings...
The thoughts...
The feelings...
The things that drive you...
Like the hotted up engine
In a souped-up motor car
How many cylinders?
How much power?
I would like to look inside
Understand the workings
Your highs and all your lows
The little things that move you
The big things that prove you
Are the person that I believe you are
Let me in and show me
What makes you tick?
What raises your hackles?
What gives you the cackles?
Is there a silly sense of humour?
Should I listen to any rumours?
About how you are with friends
Should I back off?
Do I need to make amends?
Do I search too deep?
Do I ask too much?
Do you like sweet music?
Do you like to rock?
Can you understand?
The definition of a real man
The strength within you
The fears that pin you
Stuck, silent, to the ground...
Are there things that annoy you?
Would everyone employ you?
Are you the type who all adore?
Ah it is so very simple...
I need to understand the principles
The ideas...the notions...
Don't need any love potions
Just open up and let me in
For I need to understand
This man that has me in a spin




No comments:

Post a Comment