Wednesday 17 June 2015

Spirit the black leopard

Animals came from around the world
Rescued from many zoos: insane...
Cramped quarters: bad treatment
Trapped within: who can you blame?
Lions, tigers, cheetahs and all
Responded to their new freedom and love
But the black leopard: resisted: retreated
He would not be the same...
He growled at all comers: hackles raised!
He bristled and persisted...
Those golden eyes: untamed
"Come not near me...
I do not feel at home...
I want no caresses, no love...
Just leave me alone...
I will not play your game..."
No-one could approach him
No-one could get inside
For his ire was relentless
He would never succumb
He bit the hand that fed him
He refused to be handled
His scowls and growls...
Said time and time again
"Just leave me alone!"

She came from far away
Was called to offer aid, insight
She sat beside his cage
Looked within his pained heart
Saw the incredible pain

No-one would believe her
It was simply too much to comprehend
That she could understand his plight
Could offer up a solution
To everybody's delight

He did not like the name they'd given
It was dark and evil; unlike him
"I am not Diabolo...I am not like that
I need to know that I can be
Simply left alone: nothing expected of me
I worry about the two leopard Cubs 
That used be next to me..."

Jurg and his wife were amazed 
How could she know these things? 
This animal empath could understand 
Everything that this leopard claimed

They changed his name to Spirit 
He was happier than ever before 
He actually left his enclosure
Walked around the larger yard
When the two leopard cubs came
They were reunited and peace reigned

Jukani Wildlife Sanctuary, South Africa
Anna Breytenbach animal communicator


No comments:

Post a Comment