Monday 1 June 2015

Mirror Mirror

Mirror, mirror on the wall
Could I look within myself?
Could I find something deeper?
Than what is reflected: after all...

Mirror, mirror of my soul
Should I seek to understand?
Could I search my/your inner core?
To find that other me as planned?

If you are my mirror image
And I don't like what I see...
How will I ever know the truth?
Of what is reflected back at me...

Those things that trouble... 
Those things that I condemn...
Are they simply the reflections?
That, make me look into myself?

If you are surely my mirror
Though you seem much worse?
Could I rebuke you/me?
For what I must see as my curse

Do I see my own reflection?
Do I accept it as the gospel truth?
If I recognise that deeper me
Learn to change my inner worth?

Will I find my salvation?
Will I find that inner peace?
In this mirror image perceived...
That must be seen to be believed...

I see you: I recognise my/your goal
Now I must go about the changes
That only I can set in motion...
For only I can change my inner soul






No comments:

Post a Comment