Friday 12 June 2015

Ray of sunshine

We took a trip to the hospital
A check up for my fractured arm
My daughter and grand daughter 
With me as I went out and about
For the very first time since I fell
The orthopaedic section was full
Of people just like me...in pain
Feeling sorry for themselves I guess
For pain does dull the senses
Leaves one feeling gloomy, defenceless
Ah the difference a child can make
As she goes about her little life
Wandering all over the place 
Checking out every little thing
But I did notice something amazing
As she went about her walk
Mum following close behind
I saw so many people smiling
Watching her as she traipsed about
She left a trail of happiness
A little ray of sunshine for everyone
Showing that life may be painful
But it can also be full of joy



No comments:

Post a Comment