Friday 12 June 2015

Out and about

I've lived here more than a year already
I wonder...how that time has simply flown
Today I decided to take a walk around
To the local shops to take a look at everything
That I have only seen as I drive around
The day was bright and sunny...
Blue cloudless skies above
The birds were celebrating the sunshine
Singing and frolicking in the trees
After the last few cold frosty nights
It was a pleasure to be out and about
I certainly needed some distraction
To keep me sane as I try to heal my bones
This fracture has left me reeling
Left me stranded and at a loss
Can't do much of anything
But I simply cannot carry on...
Had to get out of bed...difficult as it was
Needed to do something to ease the stress
So a little exercise was just the thing
A breath of fresh air, a change of scenery
Anything is better that those four walls
So I found myself enjoying the walk
A stroll, a short stretch of the legs
It was good to escape my room at last
Good to escape the gloom...
For pain and indolence can lead to depression
I have suffered enough of this in times past
I thanked the Lord for the sunshine
For the blessed fresh air too
For the creatures He created for us to view
And took that chance to help myself
To get over this lassitude at last!

No comments:

Post a Comment