Monday 29 June 2015

My baby wrote me a letter

I asked you for a simple letter
I asked for simple heartfelt words
You wrote the words on paper
You said you'd send it on
I've been waiting for weeks now
It feels like it's been so long
The postman delivered a letter
At last those words have come
In June...on the very last day...
Ah, now, what do those words say?
Though we've been chatting on line
Though we have talked on the telephone
I have these words you've written
I can hold them close to my heart
It has made me so very happy
That I have something heaven sent, at last
Something I can call my own...
I know you touched the paper
I know you held it close
Now at last I have physical proof
That you are no hologram, no cyber spook
A figment of my over-active imagination
No, that you are not...I know
'Cause my baby wrote me a letter
And now I have something to show...


No comments:

Post a Comment