Monday 1 June 2015

Empty inside

 While meditating one afternoon
I tried to look inside myself...
Perhaps it was way too soon I was
Searching for some inner peace
I saw something strange indeed
There was nothing there I recognised
Simply atoms spinning side by side
I saw my heart beating there it's true
But nothing resembling the “me” I knew
I was empty: it was like a terrible void
Could I be some freak, some android?
If I was to contemplate this, my life
What answer could I truly find, inside?
Are we but empty shells of atoms made?
Each and every one of us: empty: at a loss?
Why look inside then? Why even bother?
If there is nothing there to find
Does that mean? To this life...I am blind?
Am I more than just an empty shell?
Is this a kind of limbo? Some kind, of hell?
Did I look too deeply...and did I find?
The deepest recesses within my mind
Did I see the tiniest of particles?
Of which I am made up...those myriad
Tiny little fractured pieces that make us all
Exactly what human beings are supposed to be?
Did I look inside with x-ray eyes?
I never knew it was possible: I'm telling you!

I was practising "Mindfulness"
 


No comments:

Post a Comment