Wednesday 17 June 2015

Help me Lord

Last night the pain was awful
Last night: to the pain I succumbed
Couldn't move a muscle
Without an answering cry
Thought I was getting better
Thought I was healing fast
Then I did something awful
Dark shadows were cast
I think I've torn a muscle
Near my shoulder: up above
The fracture's at my elbow
But dear Lord in heaven above
I cried unto my saviour
I cried out into my Lord
"Please" I cried out in darkness
"Dear Lord" I cried out in pain
"I need your help my Saviour"
"Just ease this excruciating pain"
I felt his hand upon me
I felt that blessed peace
As the pain melted away
It was gone: I was released
Thank you my dearest Lord and Saviour
Thank you for sending angels dear
To aid me in my distress
For without his help I fear
I would languish in a tearful mess

No comments:

Post a Comment