Tuesday 14 October 2014

Trivial pursuit

How does it make you feel?
When someone says 
"You know a little about a lot of things..."
How are you supposed to answer?
When those words attack you?
Make you feel like a failure?
Make you feel like you've lost
Any chance at what ever
Yes at whatever it is you sought
Well I used to think that trivia
Was an important subject
To know about a lot of things 
Was my goal: collecting bits and pieces
Things to make me feel whole
Things to make me feel okay
About myself: about my life!
But now I realise I was wrong
I was wasting my time: what a waste!
We are given just one life!
Why waste it in remembering silly things?
Why not make something of it all?
For many years I was satisfied with trivia
It was something to keep me occupied
Something to fill my days: fill my mind
It was my survival technique I guess
For every day that I was made to feel 
Less than perfect: less than human
Less than normal: Less than everyone else!


No comments:

Post a Comment