Tuesday 21 October 2014

Into the pale blue sea

Been so hot today: 37 degrees C they say
Many people at the beach!
Children's voices screaming
The sand was hot and gritty
The water had a chill
So many people paddling
Trying to escape the heat
I wandered down the boardwalk
My feet were leading me
Into that cooling water
Into that refreshing sea
Though the clouds had misted over
The gentle waves were calling me
I had a strange and eerie feeling
For it was so difficult you see
To tell where sky began and ocean ended
It all looked the same to me
Pale blue skies and clouds upended
The horizon barely visible to see
But as the chill waters enveloped my body
It was hard to keep going forward
Could have been so easy to retreat
But with my heart and mind pulsating
I swam into that pale cold sea!

1 comment:

  1. The water was so cold...but I felt refreshed after my swim...only saw two fish...one was a wobegong..

    ReplyDelete