Sunday 5 October 2014

The fat lip

I remember many years ago
How I was ashamed to show
My face in public you know
I had taken a blow to my lip!
It swelled up and grew
Looked awful I’m telling you
It was all black and blue
Yes my poor old fat lip!
A friend came around
He saw my fat lip and knew
Things were not going well
I was already living in hell
Before we’d married it’s true!
I remember something
My father had said to him
“You can’t hit her until you are married”
I think it was meant as a joke but
Ask any bloke and he’ll tell you
“It’s ok to give her a few!
“She probably deserved it!”
Yes even his best mate had a view
“Just give her a slap
If she gives you crap!”

Well thanks a lot guys but I disagree
If you can’t win her with love
Given from God in heaven up above
Then you blokes just don’t deserve her!




No comments:

Post a Comment