Sunday 5 October 2014

Pebbles on the beach

So many rocks and pebbles
Too many to count upon the shore
But I found that peaceful pleasure
Much too wonderful to ignore
I stepped onto that rocky beach
Wobbling as I went along
But as I found my balance
My heart was lifted up in song
The words were softly sighing
“Que sera, sera, what ever will be will be"
For as I give up my problems to the Lord
These simple words are for His ears
I’m struggling to get by these days
Without crying these many salty tears
They come unbidden: pour like rain
As I re-live my life of pain
But in the end it comes to me
No matter what I have done
No matter where I have been
Jesus has already paid my price
His blood has washed me clean
And now as I begin my story
I long to be forgiven all over again
To Jesus goes all the glory
To Jesus goes all the praise
For just as I walked upon this rocky beach
Just as I looked down: observed
Each rock and pebble: smoothed and worn
Is like we poor sinners: in His sight
He has watched us as we tumbled
Stood right beside us all the way
As the waves pick us up and toss us down
He it is who guides us every day
He knows that after our long journey
Just like these pebbles upon the shore
Just as they are rounded, smoothed and worn
He; our dearest Father has smoothed, proved us
Now as we wait upon life’s shore
Now we wait His soon coming
We have been tossed, tumbled and smoothed
We have been cleansed and been made pure!


No comments:

Post a Comment