Sunday 26 October 2014

Guilt trips

So many feeling sad and low
So many things I wish he’d know
“I love you!” only one of them
Many words I wish I’d said
The times past: all in my head
Oh Tim it makes me sad
You thought there was no other way

I almost went back that very night
I couldn’t bear another fight

Shelley feels bad: she was at work
She checked her messages at lunch time
But by then it was way too late
You’d already fallen: met your fate

Vanessa feels your loss: cries a lot
So many ifs and buts: suppose it was
Too late to take back any words
We all just wanted you to move
Get up and exercise a little bit

Everything just seemed too difficult for you
I should have tried to force you
To move a bit: to exercise: live a bit
But I only wanted you to live
You know we all meant well
Wanted only the best for you

I know I said “That’s your choice”
To those negative things you said
Now those words keep repeating in my head
“It’s your choice! I cannot live your life
I cannot do it all for you
You have to do it! You do!”

Michael feels sad because
He went to be with his mates
Who’d have thought it would be the last
Time he’d see you: face to face
He didn’t want to see you crying
Instead he saw you later on
Too late for you’d already lay dying

Oh honey why did you have to do it?
Was there no other choice?
Did you not hear that still quiet voice?
Too much torment in your mind
Life really was way too unkind!
I know now there are so many
“What ifs” we all wish we’d known
Perhaps if this or that was said
If you’d only been able to comprehend
We love you and always will
Just wanted to give you a little push
Keep you from stagnating: keep you from…

Andrew wishes he’d not said
“It’s about time mate!
She’s done it all for you for so long!
How about helping out a bit
Get off your arse and work a bit
You can’t just sit and sit!”

Mark regrets his words to you
After Nana’s funeral 4 years ago
When he said to you
“Don’t want to see you!
Don’t want to talk to you!
Don’t want to know you!
Don’t call me!”
He didn’t realise those words
Would end up breaking your heart
Had no idea you’d just fall apart

Richard too: he never called
Was quite happy to live his life
Quietly with his family
No stress: no pain!
But thought he’d see you again

Ian thought he was doing you a favour
Loaned that car for you to use
Never knowing what you would choose
“If onlys” never seem enough
“Why did you think you had no other choice?
Why didn’t you stay with him?
Could he have called again?
Stayed closer to you?
At this time of need!
Our poor hearts bleed
For those unanswered questions
Never will we truly know
For you are gone to God
And still we grieve!




2 comments:

  1. Sad moment. May God wipe all your tears and give you happiness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There will always be things we wish we could have said and done...always tears to shed because of his loss...but over time I pray that the pain will ease...even just a little bit!

      Delete