Sunday 26 October 2014

Meeting at Marino Rocks

 I’ve come to meet the sea
I’ve come to find the peace
That only fresh air brings
Where the land meets the sea
The ocean waves are calling me
The sea breeze beckons you see
So I follow along the coastline
Seeking: yes seeking my Lord: yes Thee!
Crashing waves greet me
Cooling water for my wandering feet
I found the perfect lookout
Yes: a high perch: overlooking
The majestic briny deep
A few fishermen are floating
Hoping to get a catch
But I have something better
Yes: I have caught and held firm
I find my Lord is here with me!
Along this rocky coastline
Along this wave-tossed beach
It’s like some alien landscape
Like something out of long lost tales
Volcanic looking rocks abound
Many pebbles litter the ground
Wet and brightened by the foaming sea
Oh dear Lord: I came to find Thee
Yes indeed!
I came to find Thee!
Right here in nature!
Upon this rocky beach!

Far away the yachts are sailing
Tiny sails glinting in the sun
So many people out in nature
Exercising: having fun!
Following the coastline: bouncing along
Out in the bright afternoon sun
A few seagulls flying overhead
Ever searching for some food
Some proffered bread

I sit upon these massive rocks
Searching ever within
Seeking to find my salvation
Seeking to find that inner peace
Yes that inner peace that comes with
Understanding: accepting: loving
The fact that my dearest Lord
Had already saved me
Yes He has paid my price already
His blood has washed me clean
And ever will I stay
Nearer my dearest Lord to Thee!





No comments:

Post a Comment