Monday 13 October 2014

Jesus my friend

Thank you for your friendship
Thank you for your kind heart
Thank you for listening: it is a dying art
Thank you for still being my friend
Even though I’ve tried to push us apart
I am reeling from my sorrows
I am slowly falling apart
I need someone to understand
That this life is not what I planned
Some days I smile and laugh
Some days I cry my sorry tears
But in the end I realise
We are all just the sum of our fears
We are lonely: we are sad
We try to find our comfort
Where ever it is to be had
But in the end we must realise
We are never truly alone
For dear Jesus is always with us
Right beside us: climbing up that hill
He sees us mourning: hears our cries
He knows just what we need
Before we even ask
But in case you didn’t notice
In case you didn’t hear
He does like it if we ask Him
Whether we are crying?
Whether we are laughing?
He wants that invitation
That simple earnest request
That cry, from within our heart
That cry, from within our soul
He wants us to say those words
That give Him sole control






No comments:

Post a Comment